The Loop Sports will be holding a March Madness themed voting contest this month to decide which moment in Chicago sports was the top moment since the year 2000.
The TLS staff has selected 16 of the most memorable moments in Chicago sports since the year 2000, and placed them all into the Sweet 16 of Chicago sports bracket, that included four “regions”- Baseball, Football, Hockey, and Basketball. The voting will take place on our Twitter and Facebook pages over the course of the next three weeks, with each round of the bracket open for voting for five days.
The “Sweet 16” voting opens today and runs through March 5, before the “Elite 8” round begins on March 6. Here’s a complete breakdown of the dates that each round will be open to the fan voting.
Sweet 16: March 1 – March 5
Elite 8: March 6 – March 10
Final Four – March 11 – March 15
Championship: March 16 – March 20
On March 21 we will announce the top Chicago sports moment of the 2000’s, as voted by you the readers!
Here are the Sweet 16 match-ups for the “The Loop Sports March Madness Tournament”:
- White Sox World Series Championship (2005) VS Cubs World Series Championship (2016)
- Mark Buehrle‘s Perfect Game (2009) VS Jake Arrieta‘s Wild Card Game Against the Pirates (2015)
- Jimmy Butler Drops 40 in 2nd Half in Toronto (2016) VS Derrick Rose Buzzer Beater Against Cleveland in Playoffs (2015)
- Jimmy Butler Scores 52 against Charlotte, Only Player Since Jordan with Multiple 50 Point Games (2017) VS Bulls 3 O.T. Win over Celtics in Playoffs (2009)
- 2010 Stanley Cup Finals Game 6, Patrick Kane Game Winning Goal (2010) VS Patrick Kane Hat Trick, Game 6 of 2009 Western Conference Semi-Finals (2009)
- 2013 Stanley Cup Finals Game 6, Two Goals in 17 Seconds to Win Series (2013) VS Marian Hossa O.T. Game Winning Goal in Game 5 of the 2010 Western Conference Finals (2010)
- Devin Hester Opening Kickoff Touchdown in Super Bowl (2006) VS 2006 NFC Championship Game Victory (2006)
- Comeback Win in Arizona on Monday Night Football (2006) VS Jordan Howard Breaks Bears Rookie Rushing Record (2016)
Make sure to vote for your favorite moment in Chicago sports during the 2000’s between now and March 20 when we reveal the winner of the “The Loop Sports March Madness Tournament”!