There is loads of talent left on the draft board and teams are likely maneuvering for some of it at this moment. The Chicago Bears own the 7th pick in the 2nd round which falls at No. 39 overall. It was reported last night that the club explored the possibility of moving back up into round one, so it’s a logical assumption that there may be a player on the board that Ryan Pace just can’t live without.
The second round is an area in which Pace has traded back in the past and there’s a solid chance that tonight will be no different. The board has fallen in an advantageous way for the Bears to this point. They could stay at their current spot and get a potential difference maker at a position of need or they could trade back and recoup some lost draft capital.
Some of the biggest weaknesses on the club are at edge rusher, wide receiver, and offensive line. It will be interesting to see how teams and the Bears especially navigate the board tonight. Below there is a “prediction” of what could happen tonight for you to use as a model tonight.
33. Cleveland Browns: Sam Hubbard – EDGE, Ohio State
Added DL depth is always a good thing and Cleveland loves former Buckeyes.
34. New York Giants: Will Hernandez – Offensive Guard, UTEP
The Giants add a big piece for their OL here.
35. Cleveland Browns: Christian Kirk – Wide Receiver, Texas A&M
Dynamic playmaker still on the board adds to improving corps in Cleveland.
36. Indianapolis Colts: Derrius Guice – Running Back, LSU
Guice is too good to still be on the board here.
37. Indianapolis Colts: Harold Landry – EDGE, Boston College
Landry’s fall ends here and the Colts get a gifted pass rusher.
38. Tampa Bay Buccaneers: Justin Reid – Safety, Stanford
First Round talent still available here.
(Chicago Bears trade No. 39 and their sixth round pick to the Chargers for No. 48 and No. 84)
39. Los Angeles Chargers: Mason Rudolph – Quarterback, Oklahoma State
Chargers move up for their quarterback of the future.
40. Denver Broncos: Connor Williams – Offensive Lineman, Texas
Denver shores up OL with versatile Longhorn.
41. Oakland Raiders: Malik Jefferson – Linebacker, Texas
Another linebacker added to Paul Guenther’s group on defense.
42. Miami Dolphins: Maurice Hurst – Defensive Lineman, Michigan
Hurst’s fall ends here and Miami is comfortable with medical.
43. New England Patriots: James Daniels – C, Iowa
More OL help for the Patriots. Lots of Iowa connections as well.
44. Washington Redskins: Isaiah Oliver CB Colorado
Ballhawk to add to secondary. Long CB. Good value in this spot.
45. Green Bay Packers: Lorenzo Carter – Outside Linebacker, Georgia
Packers need to keep adding defensive playmakers.
46. Cincinnati Bengals: Dallas Goedert – Tight End, South Dakota State
Small school product was a rumored 1st round target for some.
47. Arizona Cardinals: Josh Jackson – Cornerback, Iowa
Should fit nicely in Steve Wilks’ new scheme.
48. Chicago Bears (From LAC): Arden Key – EDGE, LSU
Unusual play for Bears but Key visited and is oozing with potential.
49. Indianapolis Colts: Geron Christian – Offensive Tackle, Louisville
Could be starting OT right away in Indy.
50. Dallas Cowboys: Courtland Sutton – Wide Receiver, SMU
Was a rumored 1st round target for the Cowboys. Good value here.
51. Detroit Lions: Harrison Phillips – Defensive Lineman, Stanford
Need a pass rusher but Phillips too good to pass on at this stage.
52. Philadelphia Eagles: Brian O’Neill – Offensive Tackle, Pittsburgh
OL depth for the Eagles with the athletic former Panther.
53. Tampa Bay Buccaneers: Donte Jackson – Cornerback, LSU
Another addition for Buccaneers secondary.
54. Kansas City Chiefs: Austin Corbett – Offensive Guard, Nevada
Andy Reid loves adding versatile offensive lineman.
55. Carolina Panthers: Ronnie Harrison – Safety, Alabama
Panthers needed some help at safety. Harrison is a thumper.
56. Tampa Bay Buccaneers: Ronald Jones III – Running Back, USC
Tampa Bay just keeps adding early on day two. Could be a Week 1 starter.
57. Tennessee Titans: Mike Gesicki – Tight End, Penn State
Best athlete at the position and should help Marcus Mariota a great deal.
58. Atlanta Falcons: Carlton Davis – Cornerback, Auburn
Strictly a BPA pick at this point in the draft.
59. San Francisco 49ers: DJ Chark – Wide Receiver, LSU
Blazing fast playmaker that should help Garoppolo
60. Pittsburgh Steelers: Anthony Averett – Cornerback, Alabama
Solid inside defender. Steelers keep adding to secondary.
61. Jacksonville Jaguars: Mark Andrews – Tight End, Oklahoma
Not a great blocker but should help Blake Bortles in passing game.
62. Minnesota Vikings: Braden Smith – Offensive Guard, Auburn
Plug and play starter at OG for the Vikings.
63. New England Patriots: Kyle Lauletta – Quarterback, Richmond
Could this be the heir apparent to Tom Brady?
64. Cleveland Browns: Tyrell Crosby – Offensive Tackle, Oregon
Could challenge for a starting job in year one.
65. Baltimore Ravens (From Buffalo): Chukwuma Okorafor – Offensive Tackle, Western Michigan
66. New York Giants: Jamarco Jones – Offensive Tackle, Ohio State
67. Indianapolis Colts: Rasheem Green – Defensive End, USC
68. Houston Texans: Tim Settle – Defensive Lineman, Virginia Tech
69. New York Giants: Josh Sweat – Defensive End, Florida State
70. San Francisco: Darius Leonard – Linebacker, South Carolina State
71. Denver Broncos: Nick Chubb – Running Back, Georgia
72. New York Jets: B.J. Hill – Defensive Lineman, North Carolina State
73. Miami Dolphins: Kerryon Johnson -Running Back, Auburn
74. San Francisco: Marcus Allen – Safety, Penn State
75. Oakland Raiders: M.J. Stewart – Cornerback, North Carolina
76. Seattle Seahawks: James Washington – Wide Receiver, Oklahoma State
77. Cincinnati Bengals: Da’Shawn Hand – Defensive Lineman, Alabama
78. Kansas City: Kemoko Turay – EDGE, Rutgers
79. Pittsburgh State: Jerome Baker – Linebacker, Ohio State
80. Houston Texans: Jessie Bates – Safety, Wake Forest
81. Dallas Cowboys: Kyzir White – Safety, West Virginia
82. Detroit Lions: Chad Thomas – Defensive End, Miami
83. Baltimore Ravens: Uchenne Nwosu – EDGE, USC
84. Chicago Bears (From LAC): Anthony Miller – Wide Receiver, Memphis
85. Carolina Panthers: Derrick Nnadi – Defensive Lineman, Florida State
86. Kansas City Chiefs: Tegray Scales – Linebacker, Indiana
87. Los Angeles Rams: Shaquem Griffin – Linebacker, Central Florida
88. Carolina Panthers: Dorance Armstrong – Defensive End, Kansas
89. Tennessee Titans: Duke Ejiofor – EDGE, Wake Forest
90. Atlanta Falcons: Nate Shepherd – Defensive Tackle, Fort Hays State
91. New Orleans Saints: Ian Thomas – Tight End, Indiana
92. Pittsburgh Steelers: Michael Gallup – Wide Receiver, Colorado State
93. Jacksonville Jaguars: Martinas Rankin – Offensive Lineman, Mississippi State
94. Minnesota Vikings: Breeland Speaks – Defensive Lineman, Mississippi
95. San Francisco 49ers (From NE): Armani Watts – Safety, Texas A&M
96. Buffalo Bills: Mason Cole – Center, Michigan
97: Arizona Cardinals: Deon Cain – Wide Receiver, Clemson
98. Houston Texans: Orlando Brown – Offensive Tackle, Oklahoma
99: Denver Broncos: Duke Dawson – Cornerback, Florida
100: Cincinnati Bengals: Dante Pettis – Wide Receiver, Washington
Follow James Fox on Twitter — Feature Photo Credit: USA Today Sports